Celebrities can also get Parkinson's disease. Well-known people with Parkinson's include:
- Mao Zedong (1893-1976), Chinese politician and dictator,
- Pope John Paul II (1920-2005),
- Prince Claus (1926-2002), husband of Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands,
- Yasser Arafat (1929-2004), Palestinian politician,
- Fidel Castro, (1926 - 2016), former president of Cuba.
- Johnny Cash, (1932-2003), American country singer, guitarist and singer-songwriter.
- Muhammad Ali (1942 -2016 ), America's former world champion boxing
- Ozzy Osbourne, (1948), British singer and Black Sabbath frontman,
- Michael J. Fox, (1961), American actor, known for the series Family Ties and the Back to the Future movies, and now also from the Michael J Fox Foundation.
Read more Parkinson's Myths here!